Welcome to Class 5
This term in Phunky Foods we have been looking at how we can stay healthy, which foods are good for us and which are bad for us. We have tasted new fruits and made some healthy snack options including fruit salads/ granola pots and bagel faces. We can all talk about what a healthy and unhealthy choice would be.
This term in RE we have spoken about
- How we welcome people into the church
- How we welcome each other
- How God created us all different and unique
- Shared bible stories: Noah’s Ark, Jonah and the Whale and Josephs multicoloured coat
We really enjoyed our Teddy Bear’s Picnic in class 5; we loved learning about all our friends’ bears and playing with them in class. We all made our own jam sandwich which we ate during our picnic. We sang lots of songs and read stories all about bears.
We have all settled in really well during our first week in class 5; we have met lots of new friends and enjoyed exploring the environment.
This term during Science we have been carrying out lots of experiments:
- We talked about what was inside our bodies and what these parts helped us to do
- We talked about germs and used a bread experiment to show how dirty hands have lots more germs
- We discovered where our heart was and listened to it beating
- We carried out teeth brushing in school and talked about what will help to look after our teeth
Class 5 went on a trip to the Library in Whitehaven, we read some new stories all about witches and crocodiles. We all got to choose our own book to read and even got to take some home. We looked at our favourite authors and found some books about our favourite characters.
Maths this half term has focused on:
- Rules for touch counting to 10 and beyond. Count slowly, place items in a line, touch each item and say one number for each item.
- We have also been recognising numbers 1-10 and matching sets of items to these numbers
- We have been ordering a range of items b y size
- We have been naming and using 2Dshapes
This term in phonics we have been learning new sounds, tricky, words and how to segment and blend. We have been doing lots of robot talk, encouraging children to say simple 3 letter words like a robot e.g c-a-t
We have focused on recognising/ writing and reading in a word:
S a t p i n m d g o c k e u r h b f l
This term in music we are:
- Singing nursery rhymes
- Making actions to a new song called “getting up”
- Naming and playing a range of instruments including maracas, tambourine/ xylophone
This term during Computing we have learnt how to use different technological resources:
We used the I pads to take selfies