Nursery learning is all about hands on, fun and practical activities. Please try to make learning at home as enjoyable as possible. We have gathered lots of ideas for practical games you can play at home to support maths and reading.
This page is to support learning at home if your child is absent from school for a long period of time. Planning will be updated weekly and will be linked to the focus text we are using in Nursery.
If you are unsure of anything at all please get in touch via Learning Book.
Home Learning Tasks
At home with your child
Please can you try to complete some of the activities below:
- Make some play dough at home: look up dough gym on YouTube and carry out the exercises with your playdough.
- Choose one of your favourite story books at home and see if you can draw a picture of your favourite character.
- Read lots of different kinds of books.
- Sing nursery rhymes with actions.
- Play I spy.
- Watch some episodes of Number blocks (YouTube)
- Go on a 2D shape hunt around the house, can you find the shapes opposite? What do you know about those shapes?
- Practise writing your name and family member’s names.
Lots of great games for free: focus on phase 1.
All of the jingles we learn to sing alongside all sounds we have been learning.
On YouTube type in ‘Jolly Phonics Phase 2’.
Fun reading games:
Read with Phonics
Learning to read words (some sounds are muddled up within phases)
A fun way to learn sounds, watch the different episodes
Watch all the fun episodes and learn numbers 1-10
Lots of great games to practice counting
Exercises to help pencil control skills: all you need to play along is a pot of play dough!
The Imagination Tree
Activities that will help your child improve their fine/ gross motor skills
Cosmic Kids Yoga
Yoga, stories, mindfulness, relaxation and dance videos
Find some simple healthy recipes you and your child can make together.